Air Quality Products
Breathe easier at home and work
Humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and business HVAC systems
Stay healthy in home and at work with the right equipment and service.
Humidifiers—By adding humidity to heated, dry air, the air feels warmer, helps reduce dry skin and static shock, plus you can lower the thermostat and still be comfortable. All while saving money.
Dehumidifiers—By removing moisture from sticky indoor air, dehumidifiers like the Humiditrol® system can help balance indoor humidity levels and minimize the potential for mold and other pollutants.
Germicidal Lights—Power with maximum intensity ultraviolet light, these products help to dramatically reduce concentrations of microorganisms such as mildew, bacteria, and mold.
Causes and health effects of bacteria and germs
Biological pollutants, such as bacteria, are introduced continually into homes and businesses by people, food, water, and pets. Common illness-causing bacteria include Streptococcus, Staphylococcus and E. coli. Healthy Climate® air cleaners and filtration systems capture small, invisible particles like bacteria, so you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing your air is the best it can be.
What else you can do to banish bacteria:
- Clean your refrigerator out at least once every month
- Clean sink drains twice a week with an antibacterial solution
- Wash fresh fruits and vegetables thoroughly, rinsing them in warm water
- Use pure cellulose sponges and sterilize them by running through the dishwasher
- Rinse rags well and allow them to dry for several hours before using them again
- Wash all undergarments in the same load and dry them using high heat
- Regularly scrub down all bathroom fixtures
- Wipe up surface spills immediately
- Use stainless steel trash cans to dispose of waste
- Clean cloth toys by putting them in the washing machine
- Teach kids how to properly wash their hands
- Wipe down phones weekly with hot water
- Regularly wash cutting boards and cooking utensils
Causes and health effects of moisture buildup and mold growth
Mold can thrive wherever there’s an excess of moisture and presence of organic material. Allergic responses to mold include hay-fever symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Molds can also aggravate asthma. A Lennox dehumidification system helps keep mold out of the picture for good. For best results, combine a dehumidifier with an air cleaner.
What you can do to manage mold:
- Keep relative humidity within a range of 30% and 60%
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated
- Repair leaks in your roof or plumbing within 48 hours
- Remove mold from hard surfaces such as ceramic tile by cleaning it with dishwashing liquid and then following with a solution of bleach and warm water
- Immediately replace mold-damaged materials, such as floor mats or comforters
- Check around air-handling units (air conditioners, furnaces) for stagnant water
- Turn on your air conditioner and/or dehumidifier during summer months, and use the “auto fan” setting to reduce humidity and save energy
- Regularly wipe down shower curtain liners
- Avoid the use of carpets/rugs in rooms below ground level
- Scrub all walls, floors and other mold-contaminated hard surfaces. First, use a mild detergent solution, and then follow with warm water and bleach. For large areas of mold growth, more drastic measures may be needed.
Call today to set up an appointment (920) 490-3394